Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social


Since I had so much fun last week linking up for Sunday Social, I am here linking up once again!
That is, if I can get the post typed, because Loki is particularly rambunctious today.

He keeps pulling on my mouse cord so that when I try to pull it back I can't. Silly cat.



1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it??

Jessie Kay Graphics and Design. I don't really care for it as a name for my blog, but as for my business (that I actually need to start working) I came up with it because my dad called me Jessie Kay when I was a kid. And so I use it for a lot of my online personas. But for my blog, I wanted something a little simpler, a little less constricting (because we all know I just don't blog about graphics and design - although, I probably could) 

2. What do you love the most about blogging??

The community. I love that I can go on MetroTwit (the program I use for twitter) and have a whole network of blogging friends to talk to (or stalk) whatever the case may be. I love that if I want to learn how to reappuluster something, I can google it and find a fabulous DIY blog. I love that I can read The Beauty Department and make myself prettier (we all need that). I just love the information and community that blogs make available to people like me, who learn visually. Blogs are great for learning visually. 

3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?

Staying true to being a "design" blog, my two favorite posts that I have written are about design.






4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world?



That, and, don't be afraid to be who you are, especially in your blog. The ones who don't like it don't matter, and the ones who do, won't mind. Be you. Use your voice.


5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had?

Probably getting to design my new blog on Blogger. On wordpress, I didn't have this much control, so I didn't have to do anything. On Blogger, my blog not only looks prettier, but I have learned a lot doing it. I still have a lot to add (its a work in progress) but I love it! 

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love. 

Mama and The Dudes (because her twins are ADORABLE!)

KV's Confessions (a great design blog!)

Royal Daughter Designs (because she has great tips for bloggers, and she is working to make blogging a better experience for all!)


I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday as much as I am enjoying mine!


Sunday Social
Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...