Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Interview with Stephanie of Shades of Color Art

I feel very blessed today to be able to interview one of my favorite bloggers and artists. And it just so happens she is a sponsor on my blog! If you haven't heard of Stephanie before, please check out her blog, Shades of Color Art, or her shop, where she sells paintings as well as custom notebooks. You won't be disappointed!


Blog | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Etsy 

What first got you into art?
When I was little, I took painting and drawing classes just for fun. It wasn’t until college, that I took more professional classes and started painting for me. I always liked color and painting so I’ve been always doing it.

What is your favorite art style? (Impressionism, realism, etc.)
Being an artist is difficult to select one favorite art style. I’ve always been a fan of Abstract Expressionism and Color Field Movements. Also, I like Impressionism and Fauvism styles. These movements are inspired by color, and everything that has color combinations caught my attention.

What inspires you?
I’m inspired by everything around me. I’m constantly taking pictures of everything that I like and uploading it to instagram. You can see me there a lot! Usually everything that has color, nature, interiors, beautiful things, and everything that is uncommon inspires me.

How did you come up with the idea to create notebooks?
The reality is, I’ve always been a fan of notebooks. I used to collect them when I was little. One day, I decided to create one from scratch for myself. My mom saw it and told me that she wanted one too. I was in shock! Then she told me that I should sell them. When I took my notebook to school, friends would ask me if I could make some for them. I couldn’t believe that people around me would be interested in personalized notebooks. This is how it all started and I’m in love with it! Thanks to the support of my family and friends, and for my passion of writing and have pretty things, I opened Shades of Color Art.



Do you have a favorite painting or project that you did?
I have many favorite paintings, but what I really love the most is creating personalized notebooks. I love to see the creativity of every individual and how it turns out. They usually have great color combinations, and being able to create something special for my clients, makes me really happy.

Do you have any advice for beginning artists/designers?
Never give up! When you are starting your business or freelancing, at first is not easy. With passion, determination, perseverance, and patience you can accomplish everything. :)

Isn't she awesome?! And the best part is, for the month of December, if you use code XMAS30 in her Etsy shop,  you get 30% off! 

Just in time for Christmas!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...