Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Reminder to Myself



This is me.

I am overweight. I am tired most of the time. I don't feel attractive. I shirk away from taking pictures of myself. I want to be beautiful.

But I have made this change, of trying to be healthier. Of trying to eat better and be more mindful of my body and the chemicals that go in it.

And so far, I have lost 4 pounds in the two weeks that I have been committed to eating better. And less. And drinking water. And no fast food. Etc. (You get the idea)

I am overweight. And something needs to change.

I am writing this, not so that you will feel bad for me, but as a reminder to myself.  A reminder to remember that I am beautiful. In my own dorky way. That I have a boyfriend that loves me. And is so proud of me for the changes I have been making. 

So I need to stick with it.

When I fall down, I will remember the way I felt when I was eating bad. The pain I felt every time I looked in the mirror.

I will also remember the way I feel when Dakota says he is proud of me.

This is my reminder to myself.

STICK WITH IT.





Signature

6 comments:

  1. Good reminder. I finished week one of Ripped in 30 last night...I don't feel different yet. Maybe next week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 4lbs. lost! That is wonderful! Weight loss is so hard and a constant struggle - I'm overweight too. I have 56 lbs to go and I struggle big time!

    I started a new link up two weeks ago - it's called weigh in wednesday. I actually weigh in and post a picture of the scale w/my weight on it every week, however that isn't necessary. Anything fitness related is great and basically it's just a way to find other people who are going through the same thing and to be there to support each other. Anyway, I'd love to have you join us!


    Lacey @ And They Call Me Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on losing 4 pounds! I'm trying to lose the weight I gained during my pregnancy and this week I gained a pound. So depressing. Keep up the good work! P.S. You already are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick with it, girl! Eating healthier is something we all need to do--but sometimes is really can be hard! But it's good for us--for strengthen our character to learn to tell our greedy bodies that they can't have everything they want. I'm not eating meat right now and of course I'm craving tacos and pepperoni pizza. It's frustrating, but it's a good feeling to conquer the whims of the body!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are beautiful, Jessica! I need to get healthy, too. Good luck to both of us! Thanks for the reminder to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...