Saturday, March 2, 2013

Balance

 
I am struggling to find balance in my life. I feel like the things I care most about are suffering.I hate that my blog goes so long without a post. I hate that I haven't been creating in the way that I want to. I hate that I concentrate so hard at work daily that I come home and don't even want to look at a computer screen.
But there are people who have so much more responsibility than I do and are able to handle the kind of balance that lets them be a mother, a blogger, work in some capacity, and still have enough brain power to cook? So obviously, I am missing something.
 
I have been reading a lot about Balance. Life Balance, actually. It all started when I was talking to Abigail on the phone while I was making pancakes. I was telling her how I wanted so bad to blog more, but I just could never find the time. She told me I just needed balance.
 
And that struck a chord with me. She probably didn't think much about it at the time, but it really stuck with me. My life is off balance. And has been for a while. And only now am I feeling the effects. I constantly feel like something is missing in my life, and I'm thinking that this is what I needed. To find balance in my life.
 
 
 So how can I do it? That's kinda why I'm pouring out my heart in this way. How do you find balance?
 
 
Signature

5 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have no real words of wisdom here but instead wanted to offer a kind word and let you know that you are not alone. I think that for each of us what works will be different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I completely feel the same way. I feel like I'm always half-assing everything I do because I'm trying to put a little bit into every pot. A little into being a wife, a little into being a mom, a little into exercising, a little into blogging, a little into my 9-5 (probably too little...), a little into taking care of our home.. etc etc. the problem is that i end up lacking everywhere. I'm spread too thin. And don't get my started on lack of sleep. I put hardly anything into my sleep. I guess you just have to prioritize. Decide what things are necessary in your life. And maybe something has to go. Or maybe some weeks, some things get more attention than other things. For instance, I spent a lot of time on the blog this week because it's Eating Disorder Awareness week, and that was important for me to write about. But during Valentine's week, I backed off the blog and focused on my family. I guess that's the only advice I have. I'm still trying to figure it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea - weekends for catch up? This looks much better than my rationale!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am struggling with this in my own life right now. So I understand. Today I am going to start approaching everything different. I am going to work on 1 thing for my blog, not my list of 20. 1 thing around the house, not try to tackle the whole thing, 1 of my work in progress craft projects. I am going to see how it goes. I might not even get the one thing completely done, although that is the goal. But, maybe focusing a little will help me not feel so overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are feeling! I think every blogger feels the same way in a point of their life. In fact, I'm dealing with this every day! haha... I want to be a better blogger and I always push myself harder, then I am all stressed out. But, is important for you to remember what are your priorities and don't feel the pressure that you NEED to write. I think is better when you write when you feel to. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...