Monday, March 18, 2013

Detox Diet: The Preperations


So today is the first day of my 28 day detox diet.

I am going to try and keep track of what I eat and post it here, so that if you are interested you can see, but mostly because I want to stay accountable.

So before I get started telling you what I'm eating, I wanted to share the preparations, because I'm pretty proud, I never cooked that far ahead before. (Okay, so it was mostly Shawn, but I did cook! Chicken! First time ever cooking chicken on the stove!) I apologize in advance for my cell phone photography.

It started with a massive trip to the grocery store. Well, three stores. We started at Costco (I mean really, look at that bag of spinach on the left!) for mostly veggies, went to Target where I bought chicken and some other things, and then to WinCo for the few things we couldn't find at the other store, like Artichoke hearts without vinegar, and spahgetti squash. We were gone like 3 hrs. Thank goodness we don't have children. This is just to feed us.






And then I made Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta. It is technically a Paleo recipe, but the Paleo lifestyle and the diet that I am on are very similar. The only differences are that we can eat legumes and they can't, and they can eat vinegar, and we can't. If I can make it through this 28 days, I may try and do Paleo for a while. Anyone have any experience with it?

The pesto. It was beautiful. And smelled wonderful.


And here is the finished product, forgive the crappy picture. That is spaghetti squash rather than real pasta, but it tastes very similar.



Shawn made Lentil Soup. Shawn is a great cook. I have many bowls of this in my fridge for this week.


 Shawn also made Vegan Alfredo with Brown Rice Pasta with asparagus. The alfredo sauce, since we can't have dairy, uses Cashews to make the sauce creamy. Isn't that amazing!?


And here is an awesome snack I found at Costco that fits in our diet. The ingredients? Organic Apples. That's it! I could eat this stuff all day long. And the Maple Almond Butter. Noms. Almost better than Peanut Butter. *Almost!*



I wish I had gotten more pictures. Especially of all the filled dishes of food to get me through this week. I ended up with a huge batch of lentils that I will separate (we ran out of containers), 2 bowls of my pasta, like 2 of Shawn's pasta, and 2 cans of beans (not pictured) , and at least 3 things of roasted veggies (not pictured). So I hope this will get me through the week. Those will be mostly lunches and dinners. For breakfast, today I had a protein shake and a brown rice cake with Maple Almond Butter.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays when I have more time, I am planning on making myself omelets  I love omelets  And I have a bunch of spinach and mushrooms to put in them!

Have you ever tried a diet so restrictive? How do you meal plan? This is something I had issues with, for sure, when we went shopping.
Signature

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I've never really tried a restrictive diet. I cut out meat since October but the last couple weeks I've been having chicken like once a week.

    My blog friend, E, follows the paleo diet & posts lots of good looking food on instagram. http://adventureofe.blogspot.com/2013/01/paleo-questions-answered.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Atkins like 11 years ago. It wasn't too bad but as soon as I added back carbs it was a wrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, I admire you! Just go easy on yourself if you slip a little. That's what seems to be my down fall every time! I tried Atkins about 19 years ago but after 1 week told my husband to bring home Chinese or not to come home! Then I tried it again about 10 years ago but this time allowed myself whole grains. I did really well and lost 20 lbs! Too bad I've gained that back {and then some}. We are going to start eating healthier though. With the two of us doing it, it should be better.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...