Tuesday, May 14, 2013

If it weren't for the last minute, I would never get anything done.

I have been a bad design blogger. I don't talk much about design, I don't do tutorials anymore, and overall I just suck.

But today, today I turned in my final project for Integrated Graphics. I literally started it like last week. And the majority of it I did over the weekend.

The project was that we had to come up with an original game idea, and make a case, a cartridge or disc (depending on the system, obvi.) and a manual to go along with it. 

Procrastination is like my worst trait, but it's hard not to when I know I do well under pressure. ;)

My worst problem with this project was that I couldn't figure out what game to make. And then it came to me.. Just Dance with zombies! We all know how I feel about zombies

This project was done exclusively in Illustrator. I'm kind of an Illustrator nerd. I was going to do the manual in InDesign, but at the last minute, it was just easier to it in Illustrator. I'm lazy like that.

I feel so much better that this project is now turned in. Now all I have left is a couple of performance tests in the programs (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) on Thursday, and another next Thursday, and then I graduate next Thursday night (May 23rd). So much excitement!

I have another class that I am in this semester, but this project beats my other final project. Maybe I'll show that one too. But I like zombies. Let me know what you think! I'd love to see what you guys think.

Zombie Dance Party



Disc






Signature

2 comments:

  1. haha, that's pretty cool! Dancing games are my favorite kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been nice if the skull images on the cover were the same as the ones used on the disc - ie. I think the skull inside the letter 'O' in the word Zombie should have been grey, or the skulls on the disc should have been black. I also would have liked to see another colour used in the title graphics because I think those graphics completely counteract the vector graphics style and colours (yellow, red, blue, etc). I love the little vector graphics you used though - especially the zombie guy on the spine. He's so cute! :)

    Overall, it looks exactly like an Xbox cover! Great job. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! They make me feel warm and fuzzy! Make sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...